Saturday, March 25, 2017

Elena's Baptism Party

After her beautiful Baptism, we headed to Uncle Chico and Auntie Lo's house for a party! They graciously offered to host the Baptism party for about 70 people! It was a beautiful day with gorgeous weather. It was so great to be surrounded by our family and friends for this special day in our youngest daughter's life! 
(Although we of course missed Nonno, Nonna, Chicho Svet and Tia!)
Elena at her Baptism party...in a dress Nonno and Nonna got for her specially for her Baptism party!

 Besides Elena's middle name coming for our grandmothers (both Fernando and I have paternal grandmothers who's first names were Carmen) she is most importantly named after Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Carmen being a nickname for Carmel)! So I found it fitting to wear this necklace on the day of her Baptism. 
My parents got me this necklace for Christmas in 2014 when I was still pregnant with Elena Carmen. At that point we hadn't picked out any names yet and in fact, we didn't even know we were having another girl! 

The spread my family prepared! Baca, my mom and Lorin all pitched in to create this beautiful meal. 
the dessert table
Elena's beautiful cake, made by a local Sacramento cake maker who clearly does gorgeous work!
the beautiful cake details
Maria Lucia with her sweet friend Haley. Haley's dad, Sean went to medical school with Fernando and then did Residency out in NC when we were there as well. Now they live back in CA and generously drove all the way from Clovis, CA to join us for the Baptism! 
the girls having fun with all the yard toys!
sleeping happy baby on Auntie Stephanie
the Tower Family! 
my mom's brother (and my Uncle) William and my brother Chico
They have an uncanny resemblance in every way. It's easier to tell in person since they walk the same and have the same mannerisms!
My Uncle William came all the way from Aptos (about 3 hours away) for the Elena's Baptism. Great to see them as always! 
My dad (holding MaryCate DiGirolamo) and Mr. and Mrs. Brown
John (on the right) was the little ring bearer at our wedding! 
Cheryl and Jen
everyone enjoying the beautiful day
Lucia showing papa something
hanging out with grandma
The whole day was for her and she had no idea! Congratulations little Elena Carmen! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment